Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chicken Pillows

I apologize in advance, because I don't have an exact recipe for this. I'll tell you the ingredients I use and approximate proportions! I made this the other night and it all got eaten (I had 2, Trent had 6!), so you may want to double it if you have hungry people to feed. I guess it also depends on how full you stuff them... I accidentally went a little skimpy on the chicken for this last batch, but they could be more filling if you use more chicken.

1 can crescent roll dough (6-8 rolls)
4-6 chicken tenderloins
cream cheese
texjoy
onion flakes
swiss cheese (1/2 slice per roll)

Boil chicken until cooked. Drain water and shred chicken with forks. Mix in a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese (I usually put the pan back on the burner, even thought it's turned off to let the heat melt the cream cheese so it's easier to mix). Add some Texjoy and onion flakes to taste. Next, open your crescent rolls. To assemble, lay a triangle of dough flat in your pan, place 1/2 slice of swiss cheese on the fat end of the triangle, and then top that with a scoop of chicken mixture. Now wrap the skinny end of the triangle around, so the dough is covering the chicken, and press the other two corners up on top also. Bake according to the directions for the crescent rolls.

I just had an idea! These could make cute party food if you cut each roll in half before assembling them!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I'll try these if I ever get into my new house :)